Malta Citizenship-by-Investment Program
The Malta Citizenship-by-Investment program was launched in 2014 and has become the world’s most successful Citizenship-by-lnvestment Program. Passport holders enjoy visa-free travel to 184 countries including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Hong Kong. As a member state within the EU since 2004, Maltese citizens have the right to move freely and reside in any other EU country and, as a member of the European Schengen Area since 2007, to travel visa free throughout the 26 member states.
English is an official language of Malta (alongside Maltese), and is widely spoken. All government forms and documents are produced in English, as well as road signs, restaurant menus, and other important information.
Malta Citizenship-by-Investment Process Overview
Malta Citizenship-by-Investment Requirements
To qualify for Malta Citizenship-by-Investment, the main applicant must be over 18 years of age, be of outstanding character, have no criminal record, be in good health and pass strict government due diligence checks. The following is an estimate of costs:
Make a non-refundable contribution to the National Development and Social Fund:
- EUR 650,000 for the main applicant
- An additional EUR 25,000 for a spouse and each dependant under the age of 18years
- An additional EUR 50,000 for each dependant between the ages of 18 to 26 years, if they are financially dependent on the main applicant and are not married
- An additional EUR 50,000 for each parent over the age of 55 years, if they are living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
Meet one of the following criteria:
EUR 350,000 purchase of a residential property in Malta to be held for five years
EUR 16,000 per annum of a leased residential property in Malta held for five years
Investment in Government Bonds:
- EUR 150,000 investment into Malta government bonds (or via approved funds) held for at least five years
Due Diligence Fees
EUR 7,500 for main applicant. EUR 5,000 for a spouse and dependants over the age of 18 years. EUR 3,000 for dependants between the age of 13 to 17 years.
Malta - What Makes it Worthy of Consideration?
Malta is a Mediterranean island with a significant historical and cultural legacy spanning over 7,000 years. The neutral country is well-respected and a member of the Commonwealth. As one of the most exceptional places to do business, Malta now has one of the fastest growing economies and top CDP growth rates in the EU, offering favourable legislation and a competitive tax system.